The Road to THS...
Hi there, folks. Here’s a bit about how Truck Hire Solutions got going.
As a young fella, my progression into the trucking industry was as natural and easy. After all, I had spent my childhood riding around in Dad’s truck during the holidays, and helping with maintenance on many a weekend. If there was any chance to get out of school and go help Dad—I took it!
When I did get down to ‘studying’, it was an apprenticeship as a diesel mechanic, working for a civil construction company on weekends (and holidays – to help fund my jetboat racing hobby!) Once I got my trade, I began driving off-road trucks, which gave me valuable experience, and built relationships in one of the major industries we now support.
Then, at the age of 24, I had an opportunity to start a business myself, so I purchased my first truck: a Kenworth truck and dog. A couple of busy years later, I was offered a job working for a pipeline construction company in the oil and gas industry. Further great relationships were formed within this sector, and these are still going strong today.
Eventually, I began putting all this knowledge together into a business of my own, and Truck Hire Solutions was born. From humble beginnings, productivity continued to build what is now a reputable company in the truck hire industry, servicing as far as the Aussie coast extends. We supply late model trucks, maintain safety standards, provide custom solutions and are consistently professional and goal-oriented. We have a team of honest, hard-working staff and we believe in strong partnerships.
And the future looks bright for THS. Recent investments include cloud-based documentation control systems (with live data for customers, assisting compliance); continual fleet upgrades; innovative safety and tracking systems; and more.
Thanks for reading, and feel free to call me anytime. I look forward to getting you in the right gear.
Sam & Marissa
- Murphy Pipe and Civil – QGC Gatherings Project (Surat Basin, QLD) 2010-Current
- Santos – APLNG Project 2014 (Surat Basin, QLD)
- McConnell Dowell – APLNG Project 2011-2013 (Surat and Bowen Basin, QLD)
- Murphy Pipe and Civil – QGC Trunklines (Chinchilla, QLD) 2012
- McConnell Dowell Pacific Motorway Kempsey to Kundabung 2014-2015
- Fulton Hogan Sydney Northern Beaches Buslines upgrade 2017-2018
- Fulton Hogan Berry bypass (NSW south coast) 2016-2018
- NACAP Wodonga 2 Project Port Headland 2018-current
- SEE Civil Pacific motorway upgrade (NSW north coast) – 2012-current
- MPC-Kinetic Qcoal rail link 2017-1018 (Moranbah, QLD)
- Diona- APA pipeline services 2018-2019 (Brisbane to Dalby)